Frequent Visitor
urmydil

wd elements 1tb usb 2.0 not recognizing

:smileysad:

this is my first post here...

i bought wd elements 1 tb usb 2.0   in china on feb 22nd  2012.... i copied some songs  videos films, images  documents  everything of almost 600 gb.  from my friends laptop. on 24th i  came to india... i copied some images in my wd elements to one of the folders of same hdd. i donno why...it got struck... showing not responding.... i opened task manager and  clicked end task and end process options.... after that it didnt responded...so i disconnected frm laptop directly..... after 5 min  i connected it  to my laptop.... it shows usb not recognised.... i tried it in many pc,s laptops... it is showing usb not recognised... pls help me what to do.... im in india now.... i cant go back to china ....thanks in advance..

Esteemed Contributor
Awopero

Re: wd elements 1tb usb 2.0 not recognizing

Perhaps you corrupt the drive by disconnecting the drive without safely ejecting the unit. You will need to reach WD directly for replacement.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Frequent Visitor
urmydil

thanks for ur reply buddy...is there any  other option  other than replacement...? as iam in india now.. i cant go back to china.... where i bought it 1 week back...

Esteemed Contributor
Awopero

Contact WD they can change the warranty region for you as long as the drive is under warranty.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD