Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor
Tarci

my 1.5 T WD elements doesn't regonised

hi,

I've a problem just after conecting a multi USB port on my laptop. I've conected external HD in and it 's not been recognised since then. I've tried to install drivers and others things but it doesnt work. someone can help Me.

Thank you

Respected Contributor
Wayne

Re: my 1.5 T WD elements doesn't regonised

Is the drive recognized when you connect the drive directly to the computer?  If so, then it has something to do with the usb hub, and you will to keep the drive connected to the pc, directly.  Or you can try getting a powered usb hub and see if that works.  If the drive isn't recognized even when you connect it directly to the pc, then you may need to make sure the drive is getting enough power by plugging it directly into the wall (just for testing).  Try different pc's and different cables.

Occasional Visitor
ofila

[ Edited ]

Like Tarci , my cpu cannot recognize my WD EXternal disk. Although when I plug in via the usual  USB outlet a blue light fires up on the external drive and a message from the cpu that the system had detected a new hardware and would ask for the driver. I do not know if a driver was included when i bought it. Thanks. Im using XP windows and desktop

Occasional Visitor
budivinola

your problem same with me. we just buy WD element 2 day agao at first time can work fine. but on second day the device can recognize by same computer and the computer give warning " the usb device can't recognize ......." we try with all do.. like installing driver. rebooting copmuter.. cleaning USB slot on my computer... and try to another computer but still not work properly....................... why this is happen, we know that WD is the bigg company ... butrh the product is to poor quality... wath we can do now?????????????????????????
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD