Occasional Contributor
bigjackie01

WDBAAU0010HBK-01 (EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE) saying (the file is not accessible ) help !!!

HI there, i wonder if anyone can help. 

I have had the above external hard drive for around 4 months.  I have used this for storing videos and songs that i watch on my WD media player.

Today i noticed hundreds of files were missing when i was on the media player, so USBd over to my laptop and i am now getting this F drive the fil is not accessible...message.

It also says the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Can anyone help me restore this.  Or how do i delete the corrupt files.  I am not the most computer literate person in the world, and to be honest havent got a clue what to do. 

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Honored Contributor
Mabkay

Re: WDBAAU0010HBK-01 (EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE) saying (the file is not accessible ) help !!!

[ Edited ]

If you willing to lose your data, you can repartition and format your drive using NTFS.

These links will guide you through...

Partition & Format Drives

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3865&p_created=1258601352&p_...

If drive need initializing...

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1018&p_sid=bjkTelkk&p_lva=38...

Mabikay - SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Contributor
bigjackie01

Re: WDBAAU0010HBK-01 (EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE) saying (the file is not accessible ) help !!!

okay thats grat thanks. 

but is there anyway at all i could keep all my files?   

Honored Contributor
Mabkay

Please read this post where I discuss HDD Regenerator 2011. This may help you recover your files.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/How-to-eliminate-potential-problems-on-USB-Powered-Dr...

Mabikay - SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Contributor
bigjackie01

hi, thanks for the reply.

i did an extended diagnostics test which took around 9 hours and i was hoping it would find the errors (or bad sectors) and fix them.  however the result was a Pass.  i dont understand. as i still cannot seem to access the F drive. 

I am at a loss what to do next.  I dont want to lose around 600gb worth of files. Is there anyting else i can do (thats basically idiot proof, as im not the best with computers)

thanks

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD