Visitor
Angelines

WD external hard drive not showing files

Hi,

can anyone help me please, I have been using an external hard drive and when I plugged it  in this morning all the files were gone. A disk check was completed and it is stating that there are 244165760 KB total disk space, 192 KB hidden files, 17305664 KD in 34 files and 226859840 available. All that is showing when you plug it in is BOOTEX, no files are showing at all but they are there somewhere surely. I have tired it on other laptops but still saying the same thing, any ideas???????

Honored Contributor
ThePizzaMatrix

Re: WD external hard drive not showing files

Hi there, if I were you I'd try to recover the data with TestDisk....

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Visitor
Angelines

Hi, thanks for the info but I have no idea how to do this, the disk check was carried out by my brother.  Is this something simple that I could do?

Occasional Visitor
igtzpwr

Hey, I had the same exact problem, all I had to do was show hidden files and then select the hidden files/folders and then go to properties and then uncheck Hidden, bam it worked. Hope that helps ya out!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD