Occasional Visitor
triangleman

WD elements power adapter replacement needed

I lost the power adapter to my 640gb elements WD6400E035 (WDE1U6400) and don't know what kind of power adapter to get or where to get it.

I checked the WD site for adapters but didn't find any for my model number. I also checked the manual and specs online (here) and didn't find anything about the adapter's output, only input.

anyone know where I can get an adapter for this, or where I can find out what kind I need? I'm really missing all the files on this external and I don't want to fry it with the wrong power output.

Occasional Visitor
karatemom2

Re: WD elements power adapter replacement needed

I just bought a replacement power adapter on ebay for my external drive that died after only 17 months of use.  I thought WD would support their drives for longer, but apparently not.  Cost me about 25 bucks, but I was able to retreive all my date.  Good luck.

Occasional Visitor
bradkorn

which replacement did you buy? do you have the 500GB drive? is there a model number? I found some made by "asian,...something" on ebay...but not sure if it is the right one.

Esteemed Contributor
thanarath

You can buy AC Adapter which designed for your WD drive direct for $14.99 from WD website click on the link below

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/DisplayAccesoryProductDetailsPage/productID.1084111...

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD