Occasional Contributor
plstringer1

Stupid WD Elements hard drive wont run ? power light flashes constantly

[ Edited ]

I got a WD Elements hardrive for Xmas and it was working fine till a day or so ago, now it wont run, it has power, the power light flashes constantly which I dont think it should be doing? but it doesnt show up on my computer at all checked the device manager and cat see it  there either, It is a..... WD Elements  1tb   WDBAAUOO10HBK-AES.

Is it fried?  any help would be great as I am not very good with these things :smileysad:

Occasional Contributor
plstringer1

Re: Stupid WD Elements hard drive wont run ? power light flashes constantly

hmmmmmm............................

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Try a different plug not in the power strip. Also try turning the plug 180 deg in receptacle.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Contributor
plstringer1

Re: Stupid WD Elements hard drive wont run ? Power light flashes constantly

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I tried plugging into different plugs but still no go just the flashing light, turning the plug 180 deg in receptacle by this do you mean the power plug into the h drive? Its a round plug into round hole, when I plugged it into my laptop to day I listened and it sounds like it trying to go, the drive makes a motor sound then it clicks 4-5 times about a second apart the the motor sound goes away and the light flashes, but still nothing comes up on my computer :smileysad:

I'm not sure if the flashing light is a power light or if it is a status light that tells you its working or some thing, but I don't like that light much, it teases me with its flashing it has all my files and wont let me get them,

thank you for your help so far :smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

No I meant the power strip or wall.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
hazegh

i have got the same modle and i have exactly the same problem  please anyone can help me

Honored Contributor
Mabkay

If you can see your drive on Device Manager, you should try running WD DLG software. If it reports any errors, you may need to get your drive replaced. If not you can try Testdisk to repair your drive. But if your drive is not listed on available drives, you still need to get your drive replaced. Data recovery is expensive business and there are approved Data Recovery agents available on WD support website. 

Mabikay - SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD