Occasional Visitor
cinghial8

Re: Ps3 Slim Won't Recognize WD 500GB My Passport Essential USB 3.0 Silver Hard Drive

Joe_S wrote:

Is your drive formatted FAT32 LOGICAL ?

Joe

No, just a single "Primary - Active" partition.

I have another 2,5" HD configured in the same way and it's works without USB HUB...

Occasional Visitor
cinghial8

Re: Ps3 Slim Won't Recognize WD 500GB My Passport Essential USB 3.0 Silver Hard Drive

cinghial8 wrote:

Joe_S wrote:

Is your drive formatted FAT32 LOGICAL ?

Joe

No, just a single "Primary - Active" partition.

I have another 2,5" HD configured in the same way and it's works without USB HUB...

Do you suggest to create two different partition, one small size primary and another big size logical (FAT32)?

In this case do you think PS3 should recognize second logical partition?

BR,

Cinghial8

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

The USB hub can always be suspect. Check this post on the partitioning for  PS3 http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-for-PC/PS3-Get-External-Drive-to-work/m-p/85713/highlight/false#...  Also is this a drive with the virtual CD? If so go into the device manager and disable it unless you want to mess around with a firmware update and running another utility to hide it..

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
kloneboyz

Having the same issue, made me crazy. I've tried 6 to 8 formating software, firmware update, low level format and still not recognized on my PS3. I've tried plugging it directly to my TV which reads FAT32 drive and it was a breeze. I'll purchase a usb hub later and give you guyz a feedback. 

Occasional Visitor
kloneboyz

Guyz! Confirmed using powered USB hub solved the issue, I think the issue is the power source...however it does not make sence since USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. I hope WD would straighten this out...you could try it out and please leave a feedback. 

System: PS3 3.55 Kmeaw CFW~Multiman Ver 1.14.01

Thanks to all! 

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD