04-23-2012 07:50 PM
Here's my problem, I'll post in point form for clarity.
* Maxtor Onetouch 3 that I replced with 2 500GB WD5000AAKS DRIVES 2YRS ago.
* Faulty hard drives with the above enclosure
* One does not spin, the other spins but not mountable (when replaced to a single disk enclosure)
* switched both HDD boards
* Confirmed one board is faulty 1 Board works on both drive, other board NOT working on both drives.
* Readings of the often referred to Resistance (MM 200ohms setting)
* Good board * Bad board
D3 1 . D3 2.5
D4 1 . D4 1 .
R67 00.4 R67 00.4
R64 00.4 R64 00.4
HELP ! I'd like to keep these drives with a fix or a board replace back into the Maxtor enclosure
THANKS in advance
04-24-2012 11:59 AM
well not the best place to search for Maxtor Drive's boards
try going to Ebay