Frequent Advisor
SLR2009

How much power do my 2 TB WD External Drives use?

Hi, I have five 2 TB Western Digital Elements External Drives and 2 My Book external drives. I have a Western Digital TV Live Media Player and I would like to plug 6 of my drives into the Media player at the same time but I was concerend that they would use a lot of power. How much power does one 2 TB Western Digital Elements Drive use? How much power would six 2 TB External Hard Drives plugged in to the power outlet at the same time use. Do they use alot of power?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
ThePizzaMatrix

Re: How much power do my 2 TB WD External Drives use?

I would not do that if I were you....

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Frequent Advisor
SLR2009

May I ask why?

Frequent Advisor
TSK-REAPER

i work on hard drives and i had 10 hard drives hooked up to my pc at one time short story 4 of the hard drives work now so do the math

(TSK)
Frequent Advisor
SLR2009

I appreciate the help. Is it then best best to power them down when not in use?  These externals will be plugged into a USB Hub hooked up to a WD TV Live Media Player.

Frequent Advisor
TSK-REAPER

yes if your not useing them then unplug them this will

1.save power

2.the drive will last longer

3.and keep the drive cool

this is a solution

(TSK)
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD