Occasional Visitor
SoonRea

Cannot detect my hard disk (WD Elements SE)

hello guys, i have a trouble right now, i hope that u guys can help me, first of all,

1. plug-in my hard disk to my laptop as usual

2. normally it will display autoplay on my screen, but this time won't

3. My Computer also didn't show hard disk icon

4. "safety remove hardware and eject media" can detect it.

5. ”Drivers and Printers“ also can detect my harddisk

again, i hope that u guys can help me to solve this problem, i have a lot of important backup files insde. Your Concern, is Appreciated

Occasional Visitor
eedyend

Re: Cannot detect my hard disk (WD Elements SE)

Hi I have the exactly same problem here. IM about to turn in a composition for colleague in 1 hour and half time, and I can't open my External hardwire which is a 1TB. It still works in my other cpu's at home, but in my computer where I actually need the hard drive to use my files is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you fix it allready? i tryed the same as you did and its the same here only devices and printers is where is detected i already did a retrieve drives and is not working . Its the drivers the thing is how do we fix that problem? thanks.:robotmad:

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: Cannot detect my hard disk (WD Elements SE)

[ Edited ]

Does the drive show in Disk Management? If so look down where the bars are and see what it says there, something like Raw. Also what OS are you using? Make sure you're not using a cable longer than 18" and are not plugged into a hub and try a different port.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD