Visitor
AKMARK5000
Accepted Solution

1 and 1.5 WD Element Desktop External Hard Disk Drive

I am hoping someone here could help me out.  I want to buy either a 1 or 1.5  WD Element Desktop External Hard Disk Drive.  I can not find any answers to my questions at the WD website nor reseller sites like Amozon.com.

1. What is the RPM Drive (7200rpm or 54000rpm)?

2. What is the cache size (8mb or 16mb or 32mb)?

Thanks ahead of time.

Mark

Visitor
AKMARK5000

Re: 1 and 1.5 WD Element Desktop External Hard Disk Drive

Nodody can answer, hugh?  Well, I emailed a pre-sale support...

WD does not use the same drive inside each external drive. As a result, there is no way to know the RPM or model of the drive. Please see the link below for more information.

Answer Title: What kind of hard drive is inside a Western Digital external hard drive?
Answer Link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1704&p_created=1194988298

Community Manager
Bill_S

Re: 1 and 1.5 WD Element Desktop External Hard Disk Drive

We're more than likely using the Green Powered desktop drives.  But which cache size would be determined by what's on hand.  When it comes to what drives are inside, rpm, cache, etc., it wouldn't matter because USB 2.0 will never transfer data faster than any of our internal drives can.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD