Stream to AV receiver over network

Hi all, is it possible to send music to my AV receiver over the network instead of hdmi or audio cables (the run is just too long) and still control using the Android app? I haven’t bought one yet but am looking at a 3Tb my book live, at the moment I can control windows media player from my phone and send it to the receiver, but would like to not need my PC switched on all the time…

it sounds theoretically possible

You mentioned you can control WMP form your phone and get audio on the receiver… so fro instance you need some player in between for the receiver to get the audio or video… 

The MBL supports connecting to your phone via WD 2go and many other apps to stream media… so the question will be… will your AV be able to connect  with the iPhone ( iPad , android etc ) and play the media?

It’s an Android phone, I guess what I need is to be able to install wmp onto the nas? The app I have Is struggling to cope with bit for bit CD copies which i’m hoping will be fixed as it works with mp3 files, but all my music is exact audio copies(which are .wav files) which I can play from wmp on win 7 fine… So yes I think the receiver (Arcam avr 600) will handle it ok… (famous last words lol)

no go on installing WMP to the Nas…

But try streaming the media with your iPhone and any other upnp rendering app and see how it goes

I don’t own the nas yet, i’m trying to see if what I want to do is possible, I really want to be able to do it without having the PC switched on, I was hoping someone else had got a set up similar, I would have thought it was something more people would want to do… But maybe not, cheers for the help… The quest continues…