Windows 8 Consumer Preview

If you thought the Developers Preview sucked wait until you try the new one released yesterday. MS changed it so the fixes to get rid of the miserable Metro and have a Classic interface no longer work. They must have got a bunch of over educated crackheads to come up with the Metro idea. I had a bad feeling as soon as I started the install there was this little fish pic on a black screen. It should have been a dead fish. Maybe my next computer will be a Mac if that is what MS instend to palm off on people. 

Joe

good thing you mention this  Joe_S

I was 'bout to get that but then I was like… mmm nahh… I better wait

I’m beginning to get it figured out. I finally got the desktop organized and dumped most of the pinned apps on the Metro. It does boot a bit faster and is better at managing ram than Windows 7. It does seem stable enough. I’ve got Windows 7 Ultimate and that allows creating a bootable virtual hard disk instead of messing with partitioning. If you do decide to try it make sure you get the product key when you download it. I hope the final product allows booting straight to desktop instead of Metro.

Joe

Look at the video in this article http://www.yourdailymac.net/2012/03/windows-8-user-are-they-trying-to-drive-me-to-mac/ And you will see what the opening screen on Windows 8 is like. Unless you’ve read about Windows 8 you’ll be like the guy in this video trying to find where anything is.

Joe

Wow.   Interesting video.

If you set a password the login screen is hidden until you lift the picture! Except for the Metro mess it’s quite stable and seems to handle ram better. So far there is no practical way to boot straight to desktop.

Joe