WD My Book Live Duo User Management and Other questions

Hi we are planning to buy a Live Book Duo for our company. We are a small company with around 20 users. I have a question regarding user and user data management. 

User Access/Management

1. How many user accounts can be created WD Live Duo?
  2. We would like that users access only data their own data. Is it possible?
  3. Can This model of WD be connected to a Active Directory system?
  4. Can WD interface be monitored remotely?

Is the WD Live Duo compatible Harddisk larger than 8 TB. For example a pair 8 TB Harddisk, for future expansion?

Also, I am under the impression that the WD Live Duo can be used as a personal cloud and the data can be accessed from anywhere?

Regards,

Amit

Hopefully, this will help you…

1. No more than about 25 accounts if you want to maintain decent performance.
  2. Yes, each account can be set up with its own private share.
  3. No.  It can be setup on the network, but not as part of an active directory.  For that you would have to consider a WD Sentinel.
  4. No.  It’s not supported.  However, you might be able to access it with port forwarding. But I don’t know what access you would gain, or if you could access the user interface.
1 Like

Thanks a lot Bill. Just one more question- 

Is the WD Live Duo compatible Harddisk larger than 8 TB. For example a pair 8 TB Harddisk, for future expansion?

Amit.Pange wrote:

Thanks a lot Bill. Just one more question- 

No.  The Duo drives are not supported for future expansion.  What you buy is pretty much what you get.