Trouble connect my G2 Portable HD to Macbook Air (Help me!)

Hi,

Happy new year everyone.

I was working normally with my portable hard drive until two days ago when my laptop didn’t not recognize or see my drive. It just don’t show up or it’s content anymore.

My portable hard drive is: Samsung G2 Portable 500GB

My laptop is: MacbookAir 2012 (Mid year)

My operating system is: OS X Maverick 10.9.1

Troubleshooting:

1. I tried to change the cable and also didn’t work.
  2. I tested my laptop USB ports using another portable hard drive and the other hard drive was recognized. So the USB are working properly.
  3. I tested using the ‘Samsung G2 Portable 500GB’ on another laptop and it wasn’t recognized as well.
  4. I rebooted the laptop several times–while connected to power source–and with the ‘Samsung G2 Portable 500GB’ connected and/or disconnected and also with no luck.

The blue led light still blinking when I connect the portable hard drive to the laptop but nothing happens then.

Is there a way to fix this problem.

Please help!!!

Hello,

I think you will have better luck if you go to Samsung forum.

You can also try some basic troubleshooting:

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2- Please try connecting the drive to the back USB port of a desktop computer for testing purposes (directly to the computer, not through a USB hub).

3- Go to "Disk Utility” to verify if the drive shows up there.

If the drive shows up in "Disk Utility” but it is not seen on your desktop, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it.