Esteemed Contributor
Lawrence
Accepted Solution

RAM MEMORY

So I'm using WIN 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT and I placed my sd card which is 4gb (formatted as fat32) inside my computer.

The option speed up your system comes up something called ready boost. from what I understand I currently have 4gb of  RAM. Now that i have dedicated the 4gb SD card to the PC ....I now have 8 GB of RAM? If this is true how would i be able to do the same for my video card?

"Study the lie and they will make new lies up...Study the truth and you will know when the lie comes."
Honored Contributor
ThePizzaMatrix

Re: RAM MEMORY

[ Edited ]

Hi there!! As far as I know, Windows ReadyBoost only works with flash memory such as USB flash drives or SD cards. It stores its cache as a file rather than directly using the flash device, so unless you can store files on your VGA card I don't thinks so.....

You can find more info about WRB in here.

You are reading a ghost long gone.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD