Problem with WD support registration

Good day!

Pls check the registration page of the WD support.

After I fill up all the required fields, I always get the  “Please enter a valid extension.” error.

Thanks

Hello,

Can you try one more time, we  tested several times and the process was completed properly, with no errors.

I tried it again today, still the same error

btw im talking about the WD support registration, not the registration for the forums.  Thanks!

Hello,

We tried several times and encounter no problem at all, however I will escalate your case to get you assistance as soon as possible.

Hello Nesvic,

I tried it on different browsers but I still cannot register

it keeps asking me to put in an extension number, which I already did

Thanks for escalating my problem, as I need to RMA my 1tb WD black asap

Hi,

I had the same problem while trying to register my WD product…

I tried so many times but got the same reply.

Next time I just forgot to fill the field “cell” below the field “Extension”. I thought “cell” represented “cell phone”.

And luckily I was able to register my product without any error messages.

Leave the “cell” field blank. Hope this will help you. Best of luck.

I’m having tremendous problems with forms on the WD website, the validation is incredibly badly implemented.

As I’m signing up from outside of North America I chose “-None-” for state and put “N/A” into the Postcode field. As instruted to by the form itself.

However that doesn’t work, and it then tells me my perfectly valid phone number must be 10 digets.

I can now not submit an issue request (to get my details fixed so that I can register my product and get an RMA) because the form is requiring me to fill in disabled fields.

It’s ridiclous that somebody’s made this, looked at it, and said “Yes, that is good”.

How can I contact support to have my account detais fixed?

1 Like

What country are you registering as?

England

England isn’t one of the valid choices on the registration page that I see…  and State isn’t requested when I select “United Kingdom.”

Maybe I’m looking in a different place.   What URL are you registering at?

Patabugen wrote:

I’m having tremendous problems with forms on the WD website, the validation is incredibly badly implemented.

As I’m signing up from outside of North America I chose “-None-” for state and put “N/A” into the Postcode field. As instruted to by the form itself.

However that doesn’t work, and it then tells me my perfectly valid phone number must be 10 digets.

I can now not submit an issue request (to get my details fixed so that I can register my product and get an RMA) because the form is requiring me to fill in disabled fields.

It’s ridiclous that somebody’s made this, looked at it, and said “Yes, that is good”.

How can I contact support to have my account detais fixed?

I will have someone contact you to make sure that what you’re experiencing isn’t something wrong with the site.

I don’t recall the URL, I just followed the links from the website.

Which URL are you at, it sounds like it’s the one I want?

I was starting here:

http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en

I am getting this message too and I desperately need to return my product to get a replacement.  Could someone please contact me to tell me how I can do this as I am getting very frustrated!

Many Thanks

Someone will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Getting the extension error inspite of entering it correct

Hi Bharath, am getting the same extension error… What did you filled in?

Please make sure to contact support and explain your error so they can further assist you.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Hi,

I have the same problem, i live here in the Philippines. I don’t know what extension the website is asking for.

I tried to put my Sister’s house phone number, I also tried to put “none” or “N/A” but still the same.

Please see below picture the error message.

Invalid extension.PNG

Please help us with this, we can’t register in the website. I badly needed to RMA my hdd. 

Thank you, 

Oliver S. Sapanghila

Please make sure to contact support and explain your error so they can further assist you.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I need to register first into the website before i can use the Email support, but i cannot register because of this error. 

alucardver

Did you ever get this taken care of?