Non existent customer service

I have opened 3 cases regarding problems with my new WD My Cloud 2TB NAS device and immediately after submitting the case I receive an email in which it states that they “attempt to respond within 1 working day”, IS THIS A JOKE???, OVER a week later and still no response.

I have been reading posts regarding this non existent customer service going back over 4 years, plenty of worthless apologies from what I assume to be a computer masquerading as a WD employee blaming this that and the other but NEVER admitting that they cannot handle the THOUSANDS of complaints.

WD make outstanding products only to be let down by the WORST customer and technical service departments that I have come across.

I can see myself returning my WD My Cloud device and exchanging it for a Seagate Central, at least Seagate TRY TO HELP and DO NOT IGNORE their customers.

I am also going to my Twitter and Facebook accounts to warn any future WD purchasers of the problems they will face if purchasing a WD product that they need help with.

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your device, as this is not the typical or intended experience with the product and provided support. We would like to assure you that what you have experienced is something abnormal.

Still waiting for them to get back to me.

1 Like

To be honest I received a reply to my issue within 3 days, pretty good service WD!

Same problem over here in the Netherlands. I’ve got a broken WD TV Live HUB packed and ready to send at home, but have been waiting almost a week for a reply by the “administration” department. For this HUB isn’t produced anymore and therefore they need to replace it with a different solution (WD TV LIVE + WD Elements Portable 1TB).

So at the moment I’m calling once or twice a day to get an update, hoping someone will see the light and call to “administration” instead of submitting another note that I’ve called again.

I understand your problem, because your not experiencing an “abnormality” in procedure, your actually experiencing regular procedure.

Good luck to you!

R.v.Loon                     

I see you were escalated.  I hope it turned out well for you.

Hi, still no help from WD support, I do not think that they exist, I am going to exchange the device for a Seagate unit.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Hi Jubei04,

According to the VERY MANY complaints regarding the lack of support given by WD on this forum and on the web in general  I would say that your comment that my situation is “abnormal” is entirely INCORRECT, it is now nearly 3 MONTHS on and I still have not received any practical help from WD.

Regards Steve.

stpauli wrote:

Hi Jubi04,

According to the VERY MANY complaints regarding the lack of support given by WD on this forum and on the web in general  I would say that your comment that my situation is “abnormal” is entirely INCORRECT, it is now nearly 3 MONTHS on and I still have not received any practical help from WD.

Regards Steve.

First of all, you need to understand that this is a user to user forum.  We do not have tech support agents here to do technical support.  We do have some WD people who like to help when they can, but they are not support agents.  If you were looking to talk to support you would need to contact support.  Now, we did escalate you.  Are you saying that nobody from Support contacted you since February?

Hi Bill_S, 

I apologise if I appeared to be having a dig at this forum as that is definitely not the case, I have been trying to get a response from WD but without success,however the comment from jubei04 that my situation is “abnormal” is very far from the truth, my gripe is with WD themselves and their lack of contact to help sort out my problems, myself and MANY others are stating that they have had little or no response from WD, this forum is probably our only way to vent our frustrations on WD themselves due to their lack of response to purchasers enquiries…

Since February 2014 I have been contacted by WD only twice offerring assistance that was of no use at all and despite receiving acknowledgements of my requests (which state that they hope to get back to me within ONE working day) over 10 days went by before they got in touch.

Since February and further requests for assistance non has been forthcoming.

Kind regards,

Steve.

stpauli wrote:

Hi Bill_S, 

I apologise if I appeared to be having a dig at this forum as that is definitely not the case, I have been trying to get a response from WD but without success,however the comment from jubei04 that my situation is “abnormal” is very far from the truth, my gripe is with WD themselves and their lack of contact to help sort out my problems, myself and MANY others are stating that they have had little or no response from WD, this forum is probably our only way to vent our frustrations on WD themselves due to their lack of response to purchasers enquiries…

Since February 2014 I have been contacted by WD only twice offerring assistance that was of no use at all and despite receiving acknowledgements of my requests (which state that they hope to get back to me within ONE working day) over 10 days went by before they got in touch.

Since February and further requests for assistance non has been forthcoming.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Okay.  Then I apologize for things getting dropped.  Do they have your phone number? If so, I’ll have them call you.  If not, please private message me with it, so we can finish what we started.

Hi Bill,

In all of my requests for help I have enclosed my home and mobile phone numbers, I also rang them directly but I was told that they " had no knowledge" of my requests even though I had received their “acknowledgements” of receipt of my requests and  HAD also responded belatedly.

I hope you can understand why I am becoming VERY frustrated at having paid £120:00 for a device that is nothing more than an ornament.

Kind regards,

Steve.

I can certainly understand your frustration. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Finally had an email from WD today stating “I was informed you contacted us via social media.” (even though I had opened a support request directly with WD), I was then given instructions on how to fix the problem that I had when I first purchased the device, 12 WEEKS AGO!!!.

There was NO mention of my latest problems which I had contacted WD directly for assistance 7 days ago, mainly the decice not being recognised by my computer even though I have the latest software and all being connected correctly.

I think that a trip to PC World with the re-boxed unit and receipt in hand is called for.

My thanks go out to Bill_S  who has has managed to get WD to respond.

Well I’m a bit happier now, PC World are replacing the device with whatever I choose, DEFINITELY not a WD unit.

I will NEVER purchase another WD product again after this experience.

My sincere thanks to Bill-S who managed to get a response from WD.