Ebay seller selling stolen 2tb western digital my passport drives

This ebay seller i know is selling stolen 2tb hard drives on ebay. I contacted the police about it, it’s been about 2 and a half months and their still in operation. What to do?. By the way i am 100% not 99% 100% sure the items are stolen. The seller himself told me they were. Guy comes home with a bag of 20 drives every week, each drive costs $40 for him.

They are sold as new still in package and they have sold 100’s of these drives and still selling.

My thinking was police can buy a drive from the ebay seller, trace it’s origins from warehouse to retail store and see at which point the drives went missing and confirm that the drive they bought was stolen. Sounds easy enough but no action.

I have a strong hatred towards theivery and want to see this stopped ASAP. Any thoughts? Once again for the record, they are stolen i’m 100% sure.  

Hi contact Ebay about it if they find that is true they will remove him. As for the police well if the seller lives in timbucktoo the police have no chance. Also remember people that work in the PC field have access to many perks. I have a friend that handles store closures I get 20 hard drive’s and many other things that are just laying around. To add most of which are sitting in a room in my basement never to be used LOL.

100% stolen, not just getting a good deal, seller located Australia. The guy he buys them of is selling for $40 each. Sold as original package with price sticker still attached. Price sticker was $188.

The ebay seller is buying drives from a guy who will only meet at train stations shopping centers and the like. The ebay store owner has told me the drives are stolen, the ebay seller is also buying drugs of the same guy who is selling the drives, ebay seller getting drives for $40 and selling for 140+.

If the products were legitimate it would seem to me that the supplier of the drives if a very stupid man indeed, missing out on tens of thousands of dollars by selling under the table.

The supply of drives is as regular as clockwork, not some here, some there, like a store closure and it’s always the same type of item 2tb external hard drives, not a different selection.

Seller sells about the same amount every week. The ebay seller also has the cheapest price plus postage for this particular item. Beats every single ebay seller out there on price.  Sounding like stolen goods yet?

The supplier of the drives is smart, he knows if he gets caught selling on ebay there will be a record of every stolen item sold, this will not look good in court for him. So people like the ebay seller i know are used to sell the items. The supplier seems to have a constant supply of drives.

This has been going on for eight months currently and the longer it goes on the greater the number of drives being sold by seller, hasn’t been caught so thinks, can double his money by selling double the amount of drives.

As far as supply of drives is concerned the ebay seller has never had a problem getting any amount of drives required. The drives sell quickly as they are selling the item the cheapest+postage price on ebay for this item, 20 drives sell in a day or two. The ebay seller limits the amount of drives sold per week to try to avoid suspicion, but the number sold every week is increasing.

I read ebay policy on stolen goods. It says contact local law enforcement. That has been done. I will contact ebay anyway.

If you were the business who had 100’s more likely 1000’s of drives stolen from, i’m sure you would not be happy.

I hate thievery.

We’ve also passed your post along for investigation on our part.