Create Polls to receive a better customer feedback

Forums are good to adresse problems and questions

New Idea section is good to suggest new ideas.

But when a decision is about to be made, a solution about to be implemented or a product about to be released, you should ask customer on the forum their opinion on a dedicated forum.

Do they want new colors or absolutely not? Do they want Thunderbolt or do they care? What size of hard drive would be optimum? Etc…

is that how you’d run your business, based on everyone’s vote?  I want WD to do what I want as much as you do, but I’ve long since learned that what I want isn’t necessarily on the top of the list for everyone else.  the other thing I learned is that if ain’t getting fixed, it’s most likely cause it can’t be fixed, or it’s requiring a lot more work to fix it than anticipated.  that’s just my opinion of course.  

I don’t particularly believe that anyone is inherently good, but when it comes to money, I do know that businesses know that they can’t survive if they can’t keep customers coming back.  so I’m sure they want to fix all the problems, but whether they can is another story.

Polls doesn’t mean that a company base its decisions ont it, it’s a fast forward way of getting some opinions which is the same as aggregating user remarks, suggestions or complaints, which I hope WD does.

So Western Digital can for exemple, change de color of their My Passport because some people suggested on the idea forum they do so. But what if in truth, most people absolutely don’t want color and still want some models that are plain sober, but WD only releases colored one?

Also some people suggested that the My Passport, at least the Mac on, should now have thunderbolt implemented on them. Is is a high concern/demand for users or not really ?

Etc… 

yeah, but polls can create an expectation that empowers users to think the company will uphold the results. and speaking of passport colors, wd doesn’t just release colored passports they have black and silver passports also.  so what does it matter if there are other colored passports.  as far as thunderbolt is concerned, wd released drives for usb 3.0, what makes you think they won’t do the same for thunderbolt.  after all, it’s still new technology. 

I’m not just trying to argue with you.  it just seems that what you’re saying is a bit myopic.