Occasional Advisor
iamcris

Anti Virus

I don't have an antivirus installed, is it safe using the hard drives? 

Is there someone there who has an extra (unused) licensed antivirus who is willing to share it to me? :smileywink:

Community Manager
Bill_S

Re: Anti Virus

Of course it's safe to use the hard drives.  However, if you don't know for sure where the files came from that you're putting on the hard drive, then you may have a problem.  If you need to check, most antiviruses out there will give you at least 30 days of free service before they require you purchasing them.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: Anti Virus

There are several free AV programs I use the free version of Avast http://www.avast.com/en-us/index and Microsoft has Security Essentials for Windows 7 that is free.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD