New Release - WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Version 1.05.21 (10/27/2014​​)

WD is happy to announce the release of its latest WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Update.

You can post your experiences to the My Cloud EX 4 forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.

What’s new in this release:

• Resolved issue of data transfer interruption when copying files between the unit and an attached USB drive.
  • Resolved issue of .smi subtitle files are not displayed when streaming videos to LG ® Smart TVs.
  • Resolved issue of Shellshock (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-6277, CVE-2014-6278, CVE-2014-7169,
  • CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187) bash security vulnerability.
  • Supports 32K hybrid page sizes for enhanced device read and write performance.
  • Improved device dashboard user interface response time.
  • Supports disabling of media transcoding by turning off Cloud Access.
  • Supports creation of a share folder when creating user via ‘Getting Started’ or adding user through ‘Users’ page.
  • Supports media file name search in WD My Cloud mobile app.
  • Supports media view filtering in WD My Cloud mobile app.
  • Supports USB Backup from attached USB ports.
  • Supports RAID capacity expansion for utilize the maximum size of unused storage space.
  • Resolved issue of large data transfer interruption when copying files between the WD My Cloud EX4 and an attached USB drive.
  • Resolved issue of not able to change USB share name.
  • Resolved issue of not joining the domain after a reboot when setup with Link Aggregation to 802.3ad
  • Resolved issue of unable to restore to default setting after holding the reset button for 30 seconds while applying power.
  • Resolved problems with file transfer performance via MTP protocol.
  • Supports file/folder transferring in RAID 5 to maintain its structure when hot pulling one of the drives off the WD My Cloud EX4.
  • Resolved issue of Active Directory group not able to access private shares after joining the AD domain.