New Release - WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Release 1.03.39 (5/27/2014)

WD is happy to announce the release of its latest WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Update.

You can post your experiences to the My Cloud EX 4 forum.  Please create individual topics for any questions that arise.  Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.

[Edit - My apologies for missing this]

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL PROCESSES AND SAVE ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE PERFORMING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE.

This firmware update requires the user to unplug the power supply, wait for 5 seconds to re-plug, and power up My Cloud EX4.

Effective with this firmware update, the Network File System (NFS) feature will not be available or supported. A message has been included in the update process to advise users.

Some Resolved Issues:

• Supports Dropbox sync.
  • Supports backup to compatible USB devices using Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP).
  • Supports dual network connections to connect to two different networks at the same time.
  • Supports ability to block or allow certain DLNA devices from accessing the server.
  • Supports rescan and rebuild function for new media files to show accurate count in the web UI.
  • Supports user configurable Disk Sync Management function over USB ports.
  • Supports external USB drive to be used as a target device for Windows Backup, WD SmartWare and Apple Time Machine.
  • Supports power management with attached compatible USB devices and inactivity timer to initiate drive sleep mode.
  • Supports displaying current system log info on web UI.
  • Supports share selection in Remote Backup to be able to select multiple shares for backup.
  • Supports share folder creation with device that has two JBOD volumes.
  • Removed NFS support
  • Resolved issue when unit is in standby mode, it will not send alert message via email or text message.
  • Resolved issue with LED not showing correct drive health status when a new drive is inserted.
  • Resolved issue when creating new folder while internal backup is in progress, previous backup job hangs.
  • Resolved issue with error code-generating and email register function being disabled when Cloud Access is disabled.
  • Resolved issue with .flac extension not showing up in iTunes.
  • Resolved issue regarding not showing the correct percentage in progress bar when performing incremental backup to internal drive.
  • Resolved issue with certain USB devices not displaying on the web UI and network share.
  • Resolved problem with transferring file to mapped Public folder shares.

For a complete list of resolved issues, please refer to the release notes.