New Release - WD My Cloud EX2 Firmware Version 1.05.21 (10/27/2014​)

WD is pleased to announce the release of the My Cloud EX2 Firmware Update.

Please follow the instructions when doing the update, and feel free to post your questions and experiences in the My Cloud EX2 forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.

What’s new in this release:

• Resolved issue of data transfer interruption when copying files between the unit and an attached USB drive.
  • Resolved issue of .smi subtitle files are not displayed when streaming videos to LG ® Smart TVs.
  • Resolved issue of Shellshock (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-6277, CVE-2014-6278, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187) bash security vulnerability.
  • Supports 32K hybrid page sizes for enhanced device read and write performance.
  • Improved device dashboard user interface response time.
  • Supports disabling of media transcoding by turning off Cloud Access.
  • Supports creation of a share folder when creating user via ‘Getting Started’ or adding user through ‘Users’ page.
  • Supports media file name search in WD My Cloud mobile app.
  • Supports media view filtering in WD My Cloud mobile app.
  • Supports USB Backup from attached USB ports.
  • Resolved issue of large data transfer interruption when copying files between the WD My Cloud and an attached USB drive.
  • Resolved problems with file transfer performance via MTP protocol.
  • Resolved issue of not able to change USB share name.
  • Resolved issue of not joining the domain after a reboot when setup with Link Aggregation to 802.3ad
  • Resolved issue of FTP download user interface only showing name of the folder instead of full folder path.
  • Resolved FTP download function to support file name that contains special characters.
  • Resolved issue of Active Directory group not able to access private shares after joining the AD domain.
  • Supports RAID capacity expansion for utilize the maximum size of unused storage space.
  • Resolved issue of WD Quick View preventing the WD My Cloud EX4 from entering standby mode.
  • Resolved issue with the Jumbo frame field setting not getting saved after reboot.