New Release - WD My Cloud EX2 Firmware Version 1.04.04 (7/23/2014)

WD is pleased to announce the release of the  My Cloud EX2 Firmware Update.

Please follow the instructions when doing the update, and feel free to post your questions and experiences in the My Cloud EX2 forum.  Please create individual topics for any questions that arise.  Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.

What’s new in this release:

• Supports 5TB and 6TB hard drive.
  • Updated Diagnostics section under the “Home” tab which has a provision to display the Disk Drive temperature.
  • Updated the “Remember Me” feature to retain the user’s credentials.
  • Updated FTP and NFS protocol to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.
  • Resolved DLNA Media Serving to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.
  • Resolved the issue when device is in JBOD and using the DNLA Media Server “Rebuild” button may crash the media server.
  • Resolved issue preventing user from changing the file name in the public shares.
  • Resolve issue of unable to reboot the device while a USB is plugged in.
  • Supports transfer progress percentage when downloading file using HTTP Downloads function.
  • Resolved persistence of file extension when renaming a downloaded file using HTTP Downloads function.
  • Resolved issues using HTTP Downloading with server require user’s credentials.
  • Resolved domain join issue to Windows Server 2012 Active Directory requiring Realm (Domain) name instead of Workgroup name.
  • Resolved issue causing Adware applications to crash the Dashboard.
  • Resolved issues preventing multiple files download using Web File Viewer.
  • Resolved issue relating to session timeout while using Web File Viewer.