iTunes sharing broken

by on ‎12-13-2011 09:12 AM

The iTunes sharing is brkoen for MyBook World Edition II since iTunes version 10.4. It would be good idea to update the firmware of the device since iTunes sharing is a major USP for the drive.

Thanks,

Sumit

Idea approved and submitted for voting.
Comments
by on ‎01-25-2012 04:34 PM

I agree that a fix to update the Itune media server is needed. Mine is also broken now that 10.5.3 is out. 

Video streaming has been broken since 10.2 and now the music streaming is broken since 10.4. 

by on ‎01-25-2012 05:13 PM

You should prolly consider opening a thread on Apple's board- there isn't much WD can do about it- its a problem with iTunes. Same reason it doesn't work for other companies drives too......

by on ‎03-09-2012 08:15 AM

I have the same problem with my Book World Edition II (White Light).

I have only had it for just over a year and now a specific function that I purchased it for (apart from a network backup drive) has stopped.

It may not be WDs fault but I bet WD will fix this for current models, so why not past ones that are such recent models.

N.B. I have meanwhile turned off the iTunes server function, but the drive continues to publish its presence in iTunes. Even more annoying that I cannot stop the error being displayed.

by Moderator on ‎09-19-2013 04:59 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Idea approved and submitted for voting.
Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Idea Statuses
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD