Make twonky stream movie and folder icons

by ‎04-14-2011 11:17 AM - edited ‎07-19-2011 01:07 AM

In current state when viewing video library via Media Server with Twonky on WDTV, all files and folders appear as default blank rectangles.

In network shares mode, all video file and folder shows the JPG icon attached (assumed having the same filename or folder.jpg).

I suggest that you make twonky show the JPG files for folders and video/audio files.

Comments
by on ‎09-06-2011 05:45 AM

Twonky server is also able to create the thumbnails by itself, of course it would need to add some features (like ffmpeg) to the firmware..

by on ‎09-06-2011 07:23 AM

Please elaborate.... How exactly can I add adons to official firmware?

by on ‎10-06-2011 08:14 AM
Status changed to: New

by on ‎11-27-2011 05:37 PM

If WD would hurry up and upgrade the Twonky version this issue would be solved. I have loaded Twonky V6 on a PC and when the WDTV connects via media server the thumbnails work perfectly.

WD has been asked to fix this issue for a number of years and refuses to do so, even though to upgrade Twonky from 5 to 6 is free.

The other NAS suppliers such as QNAP did this a couple of years ago (see link)

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=38026

WD get with the times and give us current updates or we will go else where !!

by Staff on ‎02-17-2012 03:16 PM
Status changed to: Unplanned

Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD