Windows 8.1 doesn't see Mypassport Drive, when connected via wireless

Windows 8.1 doesn’t see Mypassport Drive, when connected via wireless. 

Any suggestions?  I did restore the “System and Disk” using Factory Restore Setting of the Admin tab.  Don’t know if that is why Win 8.1 doesn’t “see” Mypassport Drive.

I’d ask WHY you did this, but what does it matter?  (I don’t think it has anything to do with Win 8.1)

Anyway, if you have downloaded the complete user guide from WD Support for the MPW, go to Chapter 11, and on page 48 it tells you what you did and how to get out of this.  Good luck.

Works with my Win 8.1 computer.

After connecting via WiFi, how do you try to access the MPW. Only way I know of is with explorerer as:  http://192.168.60.1/UI/

Are there are some other apps for accessing MPW in Windows?

Edit: Forgot, ofc also via File Explorer / Networks where you will find the MPW as well as any network atached drives ets.

Yes the above URL works as does “mypassport.local” in Windows Explorer.  But let me clarify my issue, I cannot see mypassport drive in the File Explorer.  It shows up fine when connected through the USB cable, however. 

Hope WD Cloud app. is not required to see mypassort drive, when connected through WiFi.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

Hmmm, and you are sure that you look for it under network drives in file explorers left pane? It will not show up among the drives in the main window pane. 

Cekari wrote:

Hmmm, and you are sure that you look for it under network drives in file explorers left pane? It will not show up among the drives in the main window pane. 

Yep, agree, because the MPW shows as a server, not a share to most devices, and I only see it as a Network Device and not a shared drive on my PC. (My WDTV is one of my few devices that sees the MPW as both a server and a share when on my network.)  I keep my MPW wirelessly connected to my home network, so I do not know for sure how it would appear to a PC when it is in direct-connect mode, but I do know how it appears when part of the home network.  Last night I copied files from it to another drive on the network, and it did fine.

mike27oct wrote:> I do not know for sure how it would appear to a PC when it is in direct-connect mode, but I do know how it appears when part of the home network.  Last night I copied files from it to another drive on the network, and it did fine.

Same when connected to the home network as direct connected.

Cekari wrote:

Yes, that is where it appears.  Thank you so much for the solution to my issue. 

Great, glad I could help out.

(not bad for a Mac user, eh… :slight_smile: )