Upload to /Public ? How to change?

mike27oct wrote:

I believe the Upload folder is the destination  folder for the SD card uploads, but not positive since I don’t use the SD card upload feature.

Nope. The target folder for SD card imports is “\Public\SD Card Imports”. Who would have thought? :smiley:

I always thought that uploads defaulted to the “\Public\Upload” folder, and I thought I tested that way back when I got the MPW. Either the latest firmware changed that, or my memory is bad. Or maybe it says that in one of the videos.

Actually no. I am confusing myself with the Download functionality in the My Cloud App, where files downloaded from the MPW to a mobile device are always stored and visible in the “Downloads” section of the My Cloud App, as they can not be placed into the normal storage areas of the iPhone. The My Cloud App doesn’t have access to write to those areas.

Regardless, the OP’s issue is easily fixed.

Use this modified procedure, based on the procedure on Page 31 of the User Manual. Note steps 3a and 3b.

From a mobile device with WD My Cloud

1. Go to Settings on your mobile device and make sure your mobile device is connected to your My Passport Wireless drive.

2. Tap the My Cloud icon on your device.

3a. Tap the Public folder.

3b. Tap the Upload folder, or any folder you wish to use as long as it is under the Public folder.

4. In the top right corner of the Public pane, tap the omni menu icon (three horizontal dots) and then tap Add Photo .

5. Tap Camera Roll .

1. Select your items.

2. In the bottom right corner of the dialog, tap the upload icon.

The files have been uploaded to the My Passport Wireless drive. Now you can delete them from your mobile device if you are trying to save space, or leave them on the mobile device for backup.

Simple really.

1 Like