Product is junk hassle unsafe

This wdmycloud is unsafe. Anyone can access to my file. It’s not user friendly, confuse. Wast time trying to get it work. It is junk. I will return it to bestbuy and go with different brand. No more wd again.

No, it is not unsafe as you decide safetylevel yourself by setting strong password for users and also for admin.

It’s not the most user friendly there is, but after a while you will understand both the My Cloud app and the web ui.

With the last firmware update it got really nice IMHO.

Please tell what you bought instead that are safer and with all the options :wink:

Victor-5426 wrote:
This wdmycloud is unsafe. Anyone can access to my file. It’s not user friendly, confuse. Wast time trying to get it work. It is junk. I will return it to bestbuy and go with different brand. No more wd again.

First, you’re posting in the “My Passport Wireless” forum, but you’re talking about the WD My Cloud.

So, let’s presume your post is in the right place, and you actually are talking about the MPW.

The My Passport Wireless only allows access to files if you give people the WiFi password, *or* you’ve chosen to make it accessible on your home network – but then, they must have the WiFi password for that network – or be cabled in.  Either way, it’s a choice you’re making.

Let’s presume now your post is in the wrong place:

Cekari’s info is correct – it only allows people to access files you’ve permitted them to access.

And your avatar is wrong :slight_smile:

That´s Frankenstein´s monster, not Victor Frankenstein