Multiple Partitions and Time Machine

Lloydc wrote:

Then please explain how repeatadly telling me it is my MPW and I can make the decision.

As a matter of fact, I did contact WD support a few days back, all they have said is they are investigating. So that was when I thought I would ask here, but that has gotten me no where, except to learn that apparently it is my MPW and I can do what I want.

It is your drive as you bought it, and yes there are limitations how you can set up and use it, perhaps they will come up with support for partitations etc in firmware and apps.

To use Time Machine you could reformat it as one HFS partitation and then use it for that and manually transfer other stuff to the same partitation. But you lose some of the things it was intended for. Just be sure you got the space on it for both. else TM backups might crash, tumb of rule: TM size minimum about 1.2 (normaly 1.5) times the backed up drive size, the rest you can use for other data.

It’s quite new this MPW, so I’m sure they will fix and add new things to in time.

2 Likes