IOS iphone 5 app

My Iphone 5 connects to the MyPassort wireless network, but the app doesn’t recognize the connection and continually tells me to ‘go to device settings and join the MyPassport network’.

Hi malagodi, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app on your iPhone? 

Yes, delete and reinstall worked.

I too am having this issue but unfortunately unistalling and reinstally didnt work for me. I was already using the app for my cloud drives and succefully connected an ipad to the drive but no luck with the iphone app (its a 5s with ios 8 installed). Issue is as original poster described - I can connect to the wifi signal of the drive but the app is not seeing the drive on my ‘network’ (I’ve tried it in direct mode and by connecting the drive to my network via the working ipad app).

Struggled to get my android tablet to connect and failed to get the macbook to connect to the dashboard - in the end, initiated a system reset of the drive (pressing the two buttons for 10 seconds. This seemed to clear the problems on all devices (not sure why the ipads connected ok).

Here’s what I did exactly;

Installed app on both iPad mini and iPhone 5 at the same time, both iOS 8.01.

Open app on mini and did the initial setup, including changing the name of the passport network and assigning password.
No problems.

Opened iPhone app, connected to network ok but app wouldn’t recognize as described in original post. Multiple attempts, no go. Changed network name back to default “MyPassport”. No go. Uninstalled app on iPhone.

At that point iOS 8.02 was released and I upgraded both devices. Reinstalled app on iPhone, problem solved.

App worked fine on iPhone 5c in all iOS versions.  My experience in setting things up showed me that it was not a “no brainer” task, but it could be done.  Currently, my MPW is permanently in Home network mode, and all my devices can access it fine, and it can easilly be removed if I want to take it with me.