Cross-compiling ncat onto the MyPW

>>>    This is so amazing! Using the My Passport Wireless and the UVerse gateway, I can now access all my devices on my home network from anywhere.

All this is beyond my expertise, but no matter, I have a much easier way to access my entire network from anywhere:

My Asus router has an app that can access my entire network from afar (and when home) called AiCloud.  Asus sets up a unique DDNS address for me at asuscomm.com with a click of a button; which enables all this to take place.  I can access anything that is on the network and turned on; including the MPW.  I also use a Pogoplug device, cloud, and some attached drives to it, so with decent internet service elsewhere, I am good to go to get at all my mobile device media files.  I can even FTP if I want to.

I presume many other routers can do similar, or there could be some apps that can enable this.

I also have another wireless drive with me on trips so the MPW can be at home, and I still have access to my media when no internet around.  Like tomorrow – on an airplane!

1 Like