Cannot connect to My Dashboard

No matter how many times I try, it is impossible to connect to the internet using My Passport connection.  You click on it, and all “seems” fine, until you go to open a web browser and you’re told “you are not connected to the internet”.  And after all, how can I be connected?  “My Passport” doesn’t pay an internet access fee.  AS WELL, any and all files I download from an SD card are all put in the same file on the drive.  They are even put in the middle of a set of photos previously downloaded some hours before. Hopeless device but would be grateful for any assistance. Shutterbugpix

Have you downloaded and perused the complete user manual?

FYI, the MPW doesn’t connect to the internet as you are describing/thinking it should.  The manual tells you to first connect your mobile device to the MPW unique wifi signal, THEN via its dashboard seen in a browser) you set up the MPW to connect to your home network, hotspot, etc.  Only then will you have internet access.

I doubt the files you upload go into the same file, but they do go into the same FOLDER.  It is up to the user to move the files into separate folders of their choosing.