What are possible causes poor link connection between two buildings but on the same power feed

Anyone;

I am having difficultly connecting two Livewires together that are in separate buildings. Both buildings are fed from the same power source but the 2nd building is 200 ft. away from the main power feed and the power in the 2nd building passes through 2 breaker panels. The livewire boxes work just fine in the 1st building that have the main power feed. I have tested various outlets in the 1st building that has the power feed and the Livewires work great.

The 2nd building’s power passes through 2 100-AMP breaker boxes. The breaker boxes have 220Volt circuits with ground and then an additional earth ground is on each of the Breaker Panel as well. There are no ground fault circuits in the 2 100-AMP breaker panels.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for reading.

I would assume that they also work fine when BOTH units are in the 2nd building?

In other words, is it only NOT working when they’re in SEPARATE buildings?

200 feet away and through multiple sub-panels is a lot to ask of a HomePlug AV device…   It may just be a distance limitation.

Plus, the fact that you’re going through 2 subpanels adds a LOT of opportunity for NOISE on the mains.   

Tony;

I have tried them in the second building and they work great together. I do suspect there is a loss as you go you each panel which is effectively going through a circuit breaker in each panel. There may be to much loss through the main breakers in each panel. I am going to experiment some more to determine the issue if possible.

Thanks;