New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (12/20/12)

I’ve got my N900 last week. It came with some old firmware, which I did update online to the latest and greatest 1.06.28. The router did replace an ancient Linksys WRT54GC that had been running trouble-free for years, but was lacking GB-Ethernet and 7 ports of that, too.

Long story short, today suddenly my brother wasn’t able to access the network with his wireless notebook. Turned out it wasn’t able to get a DHCP lease, while wired computers were still able to access the LAN and internet. The router would respond to “ping” over the LAN, but wouldn’t deliver the config page. Power-cycling did restore full functionality, but that’s not what I want to do regularly with a brand-new router and central point of the IT infrastructure!

I’ve bought the router to replace the old one and an ethernet switch with just one device. Currently, none of the fancy functions are activated. It’s simply working as router for the internet (modem connected to WAN port) and as WLAN access point, but most of the time only wired devices are in use. Room temperature is approx. 21°C (50°F),  the outside of the router is warm, but the largest temperature I’ve been able to find with a little IR heat sensing device was less than 35°C (90°F). I guess that means there’s  no heat problem.

The thread title still applies: WD Tech, please reply and solve those stability issues!

Regards

Ektus.