New Release - My Net Router Firmware Updates (10/4/12)

I am having similar issues when I attempt to view media files using my Galaxy Tab 10.1 android tablet. The previous version of the firmware there was browsing issues wherein you could not parse into subdirectories, This version of the firmware that issue seems to have been resolved (Thanks to WD customer service dept for listening to my bug reports) but when I attempt to view the files themselves they give error “This media cannot be played”.

The same files work OK from windows based PC’s - this baffles me. Looks that certain Video MIME types are not shared on the SAMBA server to Android devices!??:angry:

Looks that we still have “SAMBA” issues with Android devices.

* As reported earlier in this thread  now the subdirectories are getting listed OKAY and I can access my Family photos (JPG files) from any Android based devices but *video* files do not work. It does not matter what extensions the files are (AVI, MP4, WMV, etc; etc;) none of the video file types work with Android devices. 

Issues fixed:

* WD Live / Live+ WD live hub are now able to see all the files and directories from My net N900 Central and the issue of "UNTITLED VOLUME"is resolved - Big Thumbs up! Thank you  WD :smiley:

* WD Live /Live + and WD Live HUB are able to stream video files perfectly THANK YOU WD :smiley:

* Parsing subdirectories from Android based devices are fixed however cannot play video files, JPG files are okay

Issues still present:

* Restoring a “config” backup causes WD to lose the password - You will have to reset the device by using a paper clip and the password will get reverted to default

* Cannot access Video files from any Android based devices

It is too early to comment on the N900 routinely locking up every 36 - 48 hours issues, I do not use this router as my main router yet as I am waiting on all the issues to be resolved before this goes into being my primary router in the house but so far the fixes looks promising and I will contact customer support again and report the current issues and get them fixed.

Having said, Thanks WD engineers for listening to users like me. I do appreciate the hard work you put behind coding stuff and making this product better .:smiley: