Community Manager
Bill_S

New Release - My Net N900 Router Firmware Update (1/15/13)

[ Edited ]

WD is happy to announce its release of the My Net Family Router firmware updates for the...

Please feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Frequent Advisor
varxx

Re: New Release - My Net N900 Router Firmware Update (1/15/13)

[ Edited ]

Has anybody who was suffering from frequent Internet disconnections (heat related?) noticed an improvement? I don't see this problem specifically mentioned in the release notes.

I'm not in a position to test for several days, unfortunately. I'm relying on another router for the time being but would like to get back to my WD, if it's going to behave.

Community Manager
Bill_S

We are still looking into this, so I doubt you will see a fix in this version.  Unless of course it was incidental.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Frequent Advisor
varxx

Bill_S wrote:

We are still looking into this, so I doubt you will see a fix in this version.  Unless of course it was incidental.

O.K., thanks for letting us know.

Occasional Advisor
fahim

I think I might have found an issue with the new firmware...

• Updated to 1.06.18
  • Reset to default settings
  • Changed admin password
  • Configured 2.4/5 Wireless
  • switched to AP mode

After a couple of minutes can no longer access the 'internet' which really means I can't acess anything on my local LAN either. Reboot, and again for a few quick minutes things are fine. I was tempted to downgrade to 1.04 but couldn't find the firmware link and download in time.

Anyways, switched to regular router mode, and surprisingly things are fine now. I'll keep it like this, but I'm not a fan of owning two LAN subnets...plus seemingly I can't locate my media servers on my (actual) LAN now

Occasional Advisor
fahim

Now that I have a stable internet connection, I'm planning to downgrade to 1.04 or go back to 1.05 in AP mode

Occasional Visitor
JASONMUSER

NEW BUG!!!!

I just updated the firmware and... router no longer works in EXTENDER mode.  Only devices using N900 Router (wireless or wired) can reach the router's IP address and control screens.  I use a different router as my DHCP server and connection to WAN.  This is completely unusable now.  Can I revert to 1.05?  Suddenly all my Time Machine backups are inoperable due to this new bug. 

Please fix immediately!

Frequent Advisor
Maddog82

Thanks for the updates Bill.  I am DLing the firmware now and will test it out on my N900 7xgb port version.  I was contacted by a tech rep to get a replacement router though so how far I get in testing on my current router will be determined by when they want this one sent in.

Respected Contributor
Vistawall

Hello WD networking community!

I was hoping to see if this new firmware would have fixes for the Android tablets accessing the SMB shares but  :smileyfrustrated: sadly this firmware has some other nasty bugs...:smileymad: with respect to DHCP  which prevented me from further testing on the issues that I had documented Here

Count me in, I was earlier running version 1.05.12 on my WD Net N900 central storage router and just like community member JASONMUSER I used to run it in "EXTENDER" mode all these days. As soon as I upgraded to version 1.06.18 the router does not properly work in EXTENDER mode.

What happens is that it no longer is able to serve it's wired and wireless clients a valid "DHCP" address (They all come up with private IP AKA Link Local Addresses or APIPA) and cannot access the WAN thru the primary router. Before the upgrade the Net 900 central storage router and my other N900 used to get IP address served by the other router (AT&T U-verse Gateway) acting as "DHCP" server in Extender mode.

I reset the device to factory and attempted in Externder mode again but did not work then out of desperation I switched the mode to "AP" and was seen to work with my other primary router but I hate having to manage two different IP subnets when I really do not need it.  I would like the router to get it's IP from one DHCP server from my primary router just like before.

This forced me to downgrade it back to My_Net_N900_Central_1.05.12.zip on my Net N900 Central Storage router and also My_Net_N900_1.05.12.zip for My net N900

WD Please take this feedback to your developers and please fix it ASAP.

Thanks!

Cheers!

WDTV SMPx1, WDTVLIVEHUB x1 , Win7 HTPC x2 WD Elements 2 TB x2, Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 x1, My Book Live Duo 4TBx1, WD N900 Central 1TB.
*** I'm so sane, it's driving me crazy *** Website: http://rbhatta.blogspot.com/
Community Manager
Bill_S

Maddog82 wrote:

Thanks for the updates Bill.  I am DLing the firmware now and will test it out on my N900 7xgb port version.  I was contacted by a tech rep to get a replacement router though so how far I get in testing on my current router will be determined by when they want this one sent in.

That will be fine.  The first thing they'll probably do is look at your logs.  So, whatever you do to test, will probably end up recorded in there.  We definitely need a router like yours where there is a distinct difference in behaviour with and without an extra cooling fan.  Thanks for working with us on this.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD