New Release - My Net N900 Router Firmware Update (1/15/13)

Hello WD networking community!

I was hoping to see if this new firmware would have fixes for the Android tablets accessing the SMB shares but  :confounded: sadly this firmware has some other nasty bugs…:angry: with respect to DHCP  which prevented me from further testing on the issues that I had documented Here

Count me in, I was earlier running version 1.05.12 on my WD Net N900 central storage router and just like community member  JASONMUSER I used to run it in “EXTENDER” mode all these days. As soon as I upgraded to version 1.06.18 the router does not properly work in EXTENDER mode.

What happens is that it no longer is able to serve it’s wired and wireless clients a valid “DHCP” address (They all come up with private IP AKA Link Local Addresses or APIPA) and cannot access the WAN thru the primary router. Before the upgrade the Net 900 central storage router and my other N900 used to get IP address served by the other router (AT&T U-verse Gateway) acting as “DHCP” server in Extender mode.

I reset the device to factory and attempted in Externder mode again but did not work then out of desperation I switched the mode to " AP" and was seen to work with my other primary router but I hate having to manage two different IP subnets when I really do not need it.  I would like the router to get it’s IP from one DHCP server from my primary router just like before.

This forced me to downgrade it back to  My_Net_N900_Central_1.05.12.zip on my Net N900 Central Storage router and also  My_Net_N900_1.05.12.zip for My net N900

WD Please take this feedback to your developers and please fix it ASAP.

Thanks!

Cheers!