Net N900 Central Storage Router issues

Hey Vistawall,

Well to answer some of your questions of your first post, were I can.

1. Yes, this is fairly normal for 5Ghz networks.  5Ghz does not have the range of the 2.4Ghz.  You might want to read this here:  http://www.alternativewireless.com/cellular-antennas/wifi-solutions/5ghz-wireless-lan.html

The 5Ghz bandwith is only designed for short distances.  It could  have a longer range, but there are regulations on higher bandwiths and this may be to with having to do with staying in compliance with those regulations, but don’t hold me to that.

1. Yes, I can confirm that accessing the router from an Android device will not allow you to access lower folders and this does appear to be a bug with SMB shares.

2. I’m not seeing this issue.  What FW version do you have?  If you have the latest, 1.03.11 and you had to upgrade to this version when you got the router, try doing a factory rest.  This can fix some issues after an upgrade.

4.  You shouldn’t have to worry about frying your board, they can take quiet a bit of heat.  Mine gets faily warm, but never really hot.  If it gets almost too hot to touch then you should worry, but the router is designed for the fan not to come on until it gets pretty hot (I don’t think I have ever seen mine come on at all).  But if you have your router in a cabinet or some kind of enclosure, especially were other equipment is giving off heat,  I would move to somewhere more open so that can get better airflow.

1. I’ve never really needed Fasttrack, so I can’t speak to that, but due to the complaints I’ve seen, then I can say that there is most likely a bug with this.
1 Like