N900C loosing video length time of .mkv files

Running the latest firmware on the N900C the length of the .mkv files suddenly disappears from the display on my networked TV and in the media devices display on my PC.  I can still play the video on my PC so the file itself is not corrupted however my  TV refuses to play the video  if it does not have the length.

Originally the .mkv files had the length display but suddenly disappeared.  A video that I watched on the TV the previous week now will not play and the only item I can find is that it no longer has a length displaying.  The avi files still show a length and have no issue. 

This happened once before and then suddenly the issue cleared but since a couple new files were added it has happened again and it has been a week with no change.  I have powered cycled the router with no effect.

Has anyone experienced this issue and has anyone tried to delete the database file on the drive?  WD support had no idea if the DB will recreate during a power cycle or not.

Any ideas on how to resolve this permanently would be appreciated.

Ches

Hello, have you tried pressing the reset button?

Yes.  That does not resolve the issue.  It appears to be a problem with the code that maintains the database. 

When I display the media file info on my PC it has all the fields populated but when I look at the database things like duration and width and height are missing in the .mkv files.  Any .avi files are fine.

It has to be the program because the .mkv files had a duration and the video was played several times then suddenly all the .mkv files became unplayable.  The first clue was that each one had no time in the file.  Initially the one that played the previous week and several others had the time then they all disappeared.