N900 with Thomson T585v8

I have the N900 connected in all ports and i need 2 mores.

I have internet connection in Thomson, i have connect port 1 from thomson to N900 Wport(yellow), i set up static adreess from WLAN in N900 and i getway as 10.0.0.138 (the address of Thomson) AND i have internet in all my wired devices in N900. I also de-select DHCP from my Thomson.

Problems.

1. If i connect anything to the left 2 ports of Thomson, i can’t get anything. No internet or no connection with the N900…

2. The internet is not very stable…

Can anyone tell my if the above are ok?

I just want to use the Thomson

a) as modem to have internet to N900

b) to use the extra ports of Thomson as expansion to the N900 ports and used them to the same net of 192.168.1.1.

Any ideas? Thanks…

p.s.

Can i configure the Thomson TG585 in bridged mode and then configure N900 as PPPoE on the WAN interface?

Hello,

If you are having the issues with only to ports of the Thomson, might be an issue only with the ports.

For testing purposes, test the port without the N900 just connecting the Thomson to make sure that all the ports are working properly.

Yes the 585 works ok. But when I use the N900 as basic router I want to extend the 7 ports of it and use the extra 3 (1 already used to get the Internet to WLAN of N900). Any ideas of the setup?
Also what is the best setting to WLAN of the N900? To set it as static or as PPOE? Thanks

Hello,

You can try setting the N900 to AP mode and let the Thompson as DHCP

Check on page 68 of the user manual

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705072.pdf

I don’t want the N900 to be used in AP mode. Most of the features are lost. So if i connect to 585 or any other modem, how is the best way to get internet WLAN? static or PPPOE?

Any other idea?