Occasional Contributor

N900 and 4-bay external USB drive

Hello.  I have a 4-bay external hard drive enclosure, a Vantec NST-640SU3-BK with a USB 3.0 port, that I have connected to the MyNet N900's USB 2.0 port.  It is filled with 3 identical 2TB drives and a 320GB drive all formated as simple volumes (separate drive letters since I understand Windows 7 does not support spanning of external USB drives), however the N900 only shows me 2 of the four.  I thought I had properly mapped it, and I can see all 4 drives if I plug it directly into my laptop's USB 2.0 port.  Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make the other 2 drives available?  Or would this issue be due to a technical limitation of the router?  Thank you.

Re: N900 and 4-bay external USB drive

Hello,

Please see your PM's

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Valued Contributor

Any news from WD on this?  Pease share some insight from your PM

Visitor

I used medisonic HFS-SU32S 4 bay 3.0 USB from amazon and it read all four of my drive fine. I had a problem at first; I moved drive around in bay, and then deleted file that created by WD N900 after I move it around on storage, then click rebuild button on webpage. But before that, I installed WD quick view. Hope that help. I have a problem accessing FTP outside my home network. Can anyone help?
Valued Contributor

There is no WAN access to the N900 Non-Central, External USB connected drive.  It is not possible.  I use VPN to get into home LAN then I can remote browse it.

This is a major pain to use the N900 cloud drive

Visitor

Thanks for the reply, Nissan. I figure that after a few days of messing with the router and email support. I try the VPN too but it's a pain for my family (non-tech) to use. I guess I have to buy a My Book Live just for FTP and cloud storage. Has anybody try converting a non-wd drive to My Book Live or load WD image ? I was thinking of getting a My Book live, image backup, then restore onto non-wd drive.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD