N750 - slow upload throughput (Adsl)

After a week of using my new router (my net 750) I noticed that the upload speed was reduced considerably compare to my previous router. I do a lot of Skype and that affect video/voice quality sent. I used a couple of speedtest sites and here are my results.

• –ADSL  contract ; 5 mbits/sec DOWN / 800 kbits/sec UP

-Direct connextion to computer ( with modem) ;  5.12 mbs Down and 660 kbits Up

-with WD My net 750 ; 5,12 Down and 440 kbits Up  ( a 33% lost)

I put back my old router (tp-link 1043nd) and it has similar results as a direct connect.(660 kbs)

So there is little I can change in the options. I don’t know if it has a firmware problem but I put back my tp-link router.

(modem tp-link TD-8816)

Hello, try disabling the FasTrack feature, check page 47 of the manual for more information. 

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705072.pdf#page=50

Hello,

thanks for the quick support. YES that did it (fasttrack off). I did modify/delete some programs there but did not know it can have such an overall effect. Is it normal ? Anything I miss there ?

I tried out the router at a friend place who has dynamic Ip (cable) and we got the correct rates. Strange. Beside that I like the router. The only thing bugging me is the absence of  “no-ip” in DDNS.

Thanks !

FasTrack will try to reallocate the available bandwidth giving priority to the data packets that are more sensitive to latency, but you should still be able to access your full bandwidth if you need it.

1 Like