Mynet N750 - Read/Write function not working

I purchased a Mynet N750 yesterday - and its working great on my laptops - but we can read the drive on tablet via our file explorer - but we cannot write to it - which makes the drive a bit pointless - as our whole intention was to delete all documents off tablets and laptops and put them on the networked hard drive - and access  from that from any device we’re using…

This is what we’ve got so far

2x Laptops connected = works fine (both run win7)

1x Nexus 7 Tablet = connects, reads, cannot write to

1x Galaxy 10.1 tab = connects, reads cannot write to

Both run ICS Android.

We’re using “ES file explorer” on the Nexus 7, and on the Galaxy, I’m using “AndFTP”

Have i missed a setting somewhere to enable write capabilities?

Ok - an update

I noticed there was a firmware update - so I’ve done that,

and it now allows read-write

BUT…on the tablet when i transfer a video from the tablet to the networked HDD - it transfers 100% then says “paste warning - xxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi was not pasted over” (i did cut and paste and then again at copy and paste and both same result).

I notice that the file shows up on the network drive anyway, so used the 2nd tablet to access video - it says that the video cannot be played…so thought it was a corrupted copy/paste… BUT - using the computer - the video works perfectly???

If i play the video on the tablet from the tablet’s hard drive - it works perfectly - so I know the tablet can play these videos… it just wont play them out of the network drive?..

The same issue occurs with documents (pdf, docs etc) etc - so its not just a video or a file size issue…

If i transfer the exact same file from laptop to the networked hdd - the file works 100% on both tablet

but transferring from tablet to hdd, it wont work on the other tablet at all - but works 100% on laptop…

Is there a file transfer fault on tablets?

I’m worried I’ve wasted $250 NZD if i cannot transfer from these devices…

Is there no resolution for this?

I am also annoyed that WD advertise 24/7 customer support on the box - yet when I ring the number provided, its only open Monday to Friday…

I think i may have to take the device back and go elsewhere… I’m not exactly impressed…