MyNet N900 Central and 2tb hard drive access

I have set up a username and password to access the hard drive of the N900.  I can access it through windows explorer, but I cannot back up to it…it is found and accessed everywhere but the backup utility in windows 7

If you have Windows 7 Premium, it wont work on a network storage, only on the professional and ultimate versions. You can also use Smartware to backup your files.

1 Like

Yes I realize this now, however, there SURE WAS NOT any indication in BUYING this otherwise great all-in-one that it would only work with Win 7 Pro or Ultimate.

I believe in straight up advertising, and this should have been a blatant compatibility disclaimer.  Because it was not there I perceived otherwise.

***********Backs up files only******

****does not allolw for a system image, win 7 home backup or rescue disk***********

Are you blaming WD? What exactly are you quoting when you say

**********Backs up files only******

****does not allolw for a system image, win 7 home backup or rescue disk***********

The drive does allow backup with any operating system, its the backup to network drive thats not included in windows 7  Premium. The WD smartware program can still be used to backup your files.