Most painful RMA process ever

Hi all,

I just want to share my experience as a WD user.

Bought a pair of livewire couple of months back, and it no longer detect the other one in 3 months, tested they not working even in a socket next to each other with no adaptor or surgeboard, so I launched a RMA with WD, that’s where the pain started.

I found there are a lot of chances to make an error in a RMA by experience, therefore I ship the livewire back by EMS service to make sure it is fastest, and someone will sign it so it won’t lost. it cost me $60 for the shipping and the unit was a $100. However, WD still takes 3 weeks to get back to me and tell me they received it, I have called 4 times in between and everytime they just tell me they will escalate the case.

So I finally receive the RMA shipment, guess what, they only send me 1 of the 2 livewire in the kit, and they send me the cable for US instead of the AU cable that I sent to them. Jesus, is it that hard to get things right?

Now I just called up and they going to send me the other part of the RMA with power adapter, and I should receive them in another 3 weeks time. I send it early Dec and now I will have my things back end of Feb. With all the trouble here, I would say WD lost a customer here, and I will definitely recomment all my friends not to buy a WD product as well.

So guys, be warned if you want to buy another WD product.

P.S. I have another RMA with WD portable hdd now, every product I bought from them fail. And looks like I have to go thru the painful RMA process again, wasting time and money on the shipment, plus extra effort in chasing up the RMA. Seriously, it is not selling reliable product nor providing reliable serives.

Regards,

Tom

I am sorry to hear that.  My only experience with WD has been from USA, so far have not find this kind of issues.