Help adding cups to MyNet N900 Central

I’ve decided to try adding print server functionality to my N900 Central. I’ve downloaded the GPL source and am in the process of figuring out how to get the Common Unix Printing System (cups) added to the source. I have some questions, though, that I’m hoping can be answered here.

First, has anybody reading this managed to add any functionality to the N900 Central? If so, are there any tips you can give me to acheiving my goal? I know for the basic functionality, I’ll likely need to add a number of libraries to make CUPS fully functional and discoverable on the network. I’ll also need to modify the Central’s web interface to be able to configure any new components I add.

Second, It looks like the N900 uses a proprietary Samba server whose executable is KC_SMB. Is this a full-featured SMB server (i.e. can I make it work with printing) or, if not, is it feasible to replace KC_SMB with another SMB server? (I tried running KC_SMB --help in a telnet session but it just ran another copy of KC_SMB, errored out, then closed.)

As a side note, while the router doesn’t include usbutils (so I can’t do lsusb ), I can view /proc/bus/usb/devices and it shows my printer:

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=480 MxCh= 0D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1P: Vendor=03f0 ProdID=4717 Rev= 1.00S: Manufacturer=Hewlett-PackardS: Product=HP Color LaserJet CP1215S: SerialNumber=LJ1VBAZC:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 98mAI:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=07(print) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=KC NetUSB General DriverE: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms