Confirmed N750 Latest Firmware Bugs

Thanks.  Well, with more testing done, I’ve discovered why my Parental Controls were wonky & why I was having some other troubles w/ this new N750 (intermittent transmission lockups, etc.).  Those issues were caused by a faulty USB 2.0 cable from my WD Elements drive to (any of) the N750 USB port(s).  I’d began to notice, as I went one setting at a time, one connection at a time, that whenever the drive was connected, the intermittent transmission lockups, wifi drops & poor functionality of both Parental Controls & FasTrack that these issues only arose once I’d connected the drive.  Swapped out the USB cord and – BAM! – 5hrs on w/ rock-solid performance, increased throughput, perfect functionality of Parental Controls/FasTrack, no delays or lockups accessing the dashboard while streams to other devices were going on, etc.  This is all w/ DNS Proxy Enabled, as well!  So, I’d advise anyone that has a similar setup (at least one external drive connected via USB) to try swapping out their USB cord to see if some of their MyNet routers’ issues resolve (like they did for me).  (Also, test various ehternet cords, too, as I had tested two different ones just in case the one I’d been using was faulty.  FYI, they were all good; tested after the USB cord was swapped out w/ no issues.)

Just to mention, though, the initial testing of the FasTrack settings removing a good portion of the default 17 preset apps upon using Reset to Factory Defaults is still a firmware bug.  That will still need to be verified by WD Tech Support (as it’s still repeatable 100% of the time) & corrected via new firmware.  I’ll continue to leave this post as “not answered” until the main issue of the FasTrack preset deletions is corrected.

Hope this updated info helps!