"Access Denied" using WD2GO

I am trying to use the WD2GO web site to access my MyCloud.  I keep getting “Access Denied” errors.  

Please help me access my MyCloud using a web brower (no app).  Thanks.

I downloaded the WD My Cloud desktop app, and I am able to access my MyCloud using my WD2GO credentials.

But this does not solve the issue of the website not working, if I was on a public PC, I would not be able to download the desktop app.

WD please get the WD2GO site working so users can actually access their MyCloud ANYWHERE

It’s working fine for me:

cap1.png

i wish i could say the same

Are you getting that AFTER clicking a share name, or before?

Does it happen on ALL shares?

After clicking a share name

on ALL shares

Looks like you’re running WinXP, whereas I’m using Win7.

Maybe another XP user will try and see what happens.

As TonyPH12345 noted, this does seem to be XP specific issue.  Will take a look at it.

Just used a Win7 system and had no issue.

Definitely an XP specific issue…

WebDAV?

Try this from the device’s dashboard

In Settings → General → Cloud Access → Configure link → there’s a Win XP option for connectivity.  If you enable the XP option does that help?

Hey folks, I’m setting up a Win XP VM right now – I’ll see if I can figure anything out.

Well, I can confirm this – I get the exact same behavior as the OP – and this is within my own network, so the configuration of the port-forwarding section in Windows XP Compatibility mode is irrelevant.

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We are currently investigating this.

Had a similar experience and I determined that it was related to Java.

If you do not have the appropriate Java version correctly installed you will receive the Access Denied error when you click the Open in Explorer button. This is an issue even if you use a different browser (Chrome or Firefox) since the button always tries to open in Explorer by defaul/design.

Test by ensuring the most upto date Java version is installed and retry. Use Explorer to access Java.com.

Certainly agree that WD needs to provide a solution for this since as you say you cannot do configuration changes on a public computer.